Applies to foreign nationals who reside legally on the territory of the Republic of Poland, with the exception of residence under a visa or visa-free travel arrangements.
/ applicable according to the circumstances /
1. Application form for Polish citizenship in accordance with the Regulation of the President of the Republic of Poland of 7th August 2012 on the determination of the unified application form for Polish citizenship, attached to the application requirements for the photograph, specimen of the Polish citizenship granting act and a specimen of the notice of refusal to grant Polish citizenship - filled legibly, with capital letters imitating printed text; all required fields have to be filled, in the absence of the necessary data the application can be left unprocessed + annex if the granting of Polish citizenship extends to more than one child.
2. One recent photograph of the applicant, undamaged, colour, taken with respect of the following terms: size 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm,no more than six months old, on a plain white background, having a good focus, showing distinctly eyes and face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders so that the face occupies 70-80% of the photograph.
3. Photocopy of the passport / and the passport for inspection /
4. Photocopy of the residence card / and the residence card for inspection /
5. Abridged copy of the birth certificate issued by a Polish registry office
6. Abridged copy of the marriage certificate issued by a Polish registry office
7. Certification of permanent or temporary residence in Lower Silesian Voivodeship or other evidence of residence on the territory of Lower Silesian Voivodeship
8. Photocopy of the decision authorizing the temporary or permanent residence in Poland, the long-term resident permit for the European Union, the certificate of residence registration for an EU citizen.
9. Photocopy of the identity document of the spouse and minor children clearly showing the identity and citizenship
10. Documents of parents and further ascendants, if they had Polish citizenship
11. Documents, confirming that the applicant had had Polish citizenship in the past, lost it and acquired a foreign citizenship, with the exact date of acquisition of the foreign citizenship
12. Documents confirming the source of income of the applicant
14. Stamp dutyconfirmationnote
15. Other, not listed above, evidence confirming the information contained in the application form
16. If the application extends to a minor child, the applicant should include:
• complete copy of the child's birth certificate issued by a Polish registry office
• one recent photograph of the child,undamaged, colour, taken with respect of the following terms: size 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm, no more than six months old, on a plain white background, having a good focus, showing distinctly eyes and face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders so that the face occupies 70-80% of the photograph.
• photocopy of the passport / and the passport for inspection /
• photocopy of the residence card / and the resident card for inspection /
• photocopy of the decision authorizing the permanent or temporary residence in Poland
• photocopy of identity documents, confirming the identity and citizenship of the other parent
• certification of permanent or temporary residence in Lower Silesian Voivodeship or other evidence of residence on the territory of Lower Silesian Voivodeship
• a statement of the other parent holding parental responsibility to consent Polish citizenship to the minor, the procedure adopted by a competent local authority
• statement of the minor over 16 years of age of acceptance of Polish citizenship, the procedure adopted by a competent local authority
When submitting the application the original documents have to be presented for inspection to confirm their conformity to the submitted photocopy. Photocopies of documents whose originals cannot be presented shall be accepted only when certifiedby a lawyer, solicitor, notary or a Polish consul.
All documents in a foreign language, serving as evidence in the case should be submitted along with their translation into Polish, translated by a sworn translator or a consul of the Republic of Poland.
You can submit the application form in person or by mail, in this case it has to be signed, and the signature certified officially / by a notary / by a governor or a consul.
Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki (Lower Silesian Regional Office)
Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców (Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigners)
Pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
GROUND FLOOR - customer service in the Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigners.
Upon the arrival at the office, please take a ticket for Polish Citizenship Department from the machine located next to the room No 0139.
Hotline: 713 40 60 58
int. 1 passports
int. 2 registration of EU citizens
int. 3 invitations
int. 4 other issues:
1 - Residence cards and work permits
2 - granting Polish citizenship
3 - legalization of a stay
Office Hours for applicants:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 8.00 to 16.00
Wednesday from 8.00 to 18.00
1. Certification of conformity of the copy to the original – 5 PLN
2. Certification of genuineness of the signature – 9 PLN
Beneficiary of the stamp duty is the City Council of Wroclaw.
Stamp duty can be paid:
on Wroclaw Municipality bank account in PKO BP S.A.
No. 82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895.
at the counter of the Lower Silesian Regional Office in Wroclaw
Opening hours of the counter:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 8.00 to 15.40
Wednesday from 8.00 to 17.40
The granting procedure for Polish citizenshipis not subject to the provisions of the Administrative Code, with the exception of the provisions on delivery service. Transmission of the application to the Ministry of the Interior shall take place immediately, after the submission of all required documents. If the application contains formal irregularities or lacks necessary documents attached, the administrative authority shall invite the applicant to remedy the irregularities within 30 days of receipt of the application, with the instruction that in the absence of the necessary remedy to these irregularities the applicationshall be left unprocessed.
The decision of the President of the Republic of Poland shall be binding in its entirety and no further appeal can be submitted.
Website of the Office >>Bottom of Form