Visa and the arrival to Poland
Mini-guide for Foreign Students
All successful candidates will receive the official confirmation of the fact. The admission decision includes information about the type of studies, the starting date of the studies, their conditions and duration. The participants of the adaptation course will receive a separate invitation from the project. These documents form a basis for the visa application.
The procedures of the issue of the visa are to be found at a consular office of the Republic of Poland that is adequate to the consular district of the place of residence: www.e-konsulat.gov.pl. The project is not an intermediary in the procedure of the visa application.
Apart from the visa and passport, at the arrival to Poland one should have:
• the insurance;
• at least 1.600 PLN or the equivalent of the sum in another convertible currency for the expenses during the 2-month stay (cash, bank statement, traveler’s cheques, payment or credit cards, the card balance);
• the admission decision from the university;
• the invitation to the adaptation course (the course is held in September, before the beginning of the academic year);
• persons below 18 years of age who are travelling without their parents or legal guardians will need to have anotarized parents’ consent for going abroad.
Temporary residence permit for a foreigner who is going to take up or continue studies on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
1. Application form filled in according to the instructions
2. Four photographs complying the following rules:
• undamaged, in colour, high-definition;
• size: 35 mm x 45 mm;
• the photographs should be taken within the last 6 months before the day of the submission of the application;
• the photographs should present a foreigner’s face, from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70-80% of the photograph; the photographs should be taken in front of the plain light background, in a full-face view directly facing the camera, with both eyes open and unobscured by hair, with a neutral facial expression and the mouth closed; they should reflect the natural skin colour;
• the photographs should clearly present the eyes, particularly their pupils; imaginary horizontal line between the centres of the eyes should be parallel to the top edge of the photograph.
Attention: A foreigner who wears the hair covering for a religious purpose may attach a photograph presenting them with the hair covering as far as full face is visible. In such case a foreigner’s declaration of their belonging to the religious community should be attached to the application.
3. A photocopy of the valid travel document (the original available for verification); in particularly justified cases, when a foreigner does not have the valid travel document and there is no possibility of obtaining it, they may present another personal identification document.
Attention:The lack of any of the aforementioned documents will result in requesting missing information within a period of 7 days after the delivery of the summon, under the pain of leaving the form unrecognized.
Standard documents confirming circumstances provided in the application:
Attention: Attaching the documents mentioned below to the application when submitting it may reduce the amount of the official correspondence and shorten the time needed to process the application.
1. The document that confirms taking up or the continuation of studies;
2. The documents confirming health insurance as defined in the act of 27 August 2004, on the healthcare and medical care financed from public funding (Ustawa z dnia 27 sierpnia 2004 r. o świadczeniachopiekizdrowotnejfinansowanychześrodkówpublicznych),or confirmation of insurer’s coverage of medical treatment costs on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
3. The documents confirming possessing sufficient financial resources to cover the costs of living, costs of studies, and the return journey to the country of origin or residence, or costs of the transit to a third country that will grant permission to enter.
The Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 19 May 2014(RozporządzenieRadyMinistrów z dnia 19 maja 2014 r.,Dz. U. z 2014 r., poz. 676)on the minimum amount of the financial resources that a foreigner who intends to take up or continue studies on the territory of the Republic of Poland should possess, and on the documents that may confirm the possibility of obtaining such resources specifies the following: a foreigner who takes up or continues studies on the territory of the Republic of Poland has to possess the financial resources to cover the costs of living on the territory of the Republic of Poland at the minimum of 543 PLN for a person living alone and 457 PLN for a person who comes to Poland with dependant family members, for every family member and for every month of their residence:
1. for a period of 15 months, or
2. for the whole period of residence if the period of residence is shorter than the period defined at the point 1,
- or the equivalent of the sum in foreign currencies.
They should also possessthe return ticket to the country of residence, or financial resources to cover the costs of the return to the country of residence:
1. 200 PLN – if a foreigner came from one of the Poland’s neighbouring country;
2. 500 PLN – if a foreigner came from the EU member country other than countries defined at point 1;
3. 2.500 PLN – if a foreigner came from the non-EU country.
The document confirming a provided place of residence (e.g. proof of permanent residence, rental agreement, another agreement allowing the beneficial ownership of a dwelling, or the statement of a person who is entitled to beneficial ownership of a dwelling that they provide a foreigner with a place of residence).
An application for a temporary residence should be submitted in person. When submitting the application a foreigner is obliged to leave their fingerprints.
Stamp duty 340 PLN
The stamp duty shall be paid into the following account:
GMINA WROCŁAW (Wrocław municipality)
PKO BP 82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895
An application for a temporary residence should be submitted on the last day of the legal stay in Poland at the latest.
The application should be submitted in the Department of Nationals’ and Foreigners’ Affairs (OddziałSprawObywatelskichiCudzoziemców) of the Lower Silesian
Governor’s Office (DolnośląskiUrządWojewódzki).
|Monday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
Link to the website of the Office
Extending a Schengen visa