A temporary residence permit for a child born to a foreigner in Poland
A temporary residence permit is granted to a minor child of a foreigner who stays in the territory of the Republic of Poland on the basis of a national visa or a temporary residence permit if the child was born during the period of validity of the national visa or the temporary residence permit.
The above mentioned permit is granted if the circumstances which are the basis for the application for the permit justify the stay of the minor foreigner in the territory of the Republic of Poland for a period longer than 3 months.
1. a duly completed application form
2. four photographs meeting the following requirements:
• undamaged, in colour, sharp;
• of size 35 mm x 45 mm;
• taken not earlier than 6 months before the submission of the application
• the photograph shows the foreigner’s face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders in such a way that the face covers 70-80% of the photograph, taken against a homogenous light background; the photograph shows the foreigner in
a frontal position, looking directly ahead with the eyes open, hair removed from the face, a natural face expression and closed mouth; the photograph shows the natural colour of the foreigner’s skin;
• the photograph shows the foreigner’s eyes, in particular the pupils, in a clear way; the line of the foreigner’s eyes is parallel to the upper edge of the photograph.
Attention: A foreigner who wears headgear for religious reasons may enclose a photograph depicting him or her wearing the headgear provided that the face is fully visible. In such a case, a declaration of membership in a religious community should be enclosed.
3. a copy of a valid travel document (the original for inspection); in specially justified cases when the foreigner does not hold a valid travel document and has no opportunity of obtaining it, he/she may present another document proving his/her identity.
Attention: If any of the above mentioned documents is missing, the foreigner shall be requested to submit it within 7 days of the service of the request under the pain that the application will not be further examined.
Typical documents confirming the circumstances specified in the application:
1. the birth certificate of the child
2. documents confirming a stable and regular source of income sufficient to cover the costs of living for the foreigner and the family members supported by him/her (for instance, an employment contract, an earned income PIT tax return for the previous fiscal year or a proper certificate issued by ZUS, the Polish Social Insurance Company and other documents),
3. documents confirming that the child’s parent holds a temporary residence permit or a visa as required by the law,
4. documents confirming that the foreigner possesses health insurance as defined in the Act of 27 August 2004 on Publicly Funded Healthcare Benefits or a document certifying the insurer covers the costs of treatment in the territory of the Republic of Poland.
5. a document confirming that the foreign has a place of residence (for instance, a certificate of the registration of residence, a rental agreement, another agreement giving the right to hold the residential premises or a declaration of a person authorised to hold the residential premises to provide the foreigner with a place of residence)
Attention: If you enclose the application submitted with the above mentioned documents, you may limit the amount of official correspondence and shorten the period of completion of the formalities.
Attention: If a need arises to clarify or specify the evidence in the case held by the competent authority during the course of the proceedings, the foreigner may be requested to provide other documents or to give evidence confirming the circumstances specified in the application
An application for a temporary residence permit should be submitted in person. While lodging the application, the foreigner is required to submit his/her fingerprints.
A fee of 340 PLN should be paid into the bank account:
GMINA WROCŁAW PKO BP 82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895
An application for a temporary residence permit should be submitted not later than on the last day of legal stay in Poland.
The application should be submitted in person to the Department of Foreigners of the Lower Silesia Voivodeship Office
Office hours of the Department of Foreigners:
8:00 – 16:00
8:00 – 16:00
8:00 – 18:00
8:00 – 16:00
8:00 – 16:00
Apt. 25, 2nd floorwoj. dolnośląskie
Tel. +48 71 777 91 50
Tel. 71 777 91 51
Fax +48 71 777 91 52