Posted: |
Updated: |
Rate: 0 0

A temporary residence permit for the spouse of a Polish citizen

Another temporary residence permit may be granted also in the event of separation, divorce, widowhood or if a foreigner has a pressing interest.  

Necessary documents:

1. a duly completed application form
2. four photographs meeting the following requirements:
•    undamaged, in colour, sharp;
•    of size 35 mm x 45 mm;
•    taken not earlier than 6 months before the submission of the application
•    the photograph shows the foreigner’s face from the top of the head to the upper part of the shoulders in such a way that the face covers 70-80% of the photograph, taken against a homogenous light background; the photograph shows the foreigner in
a frontal position, looking directly ahead with the eyes open, hair removed from the face, a natural face expression and closed mouth; the photograph shows the natural colour of the foreigner’s skin;
•    the photograph shows the foreigner’s eyes, in particular the pupils, in a clear way; the line of the foreigner’s eyes is parallel to the upper edge of the photograph.

Attention: A foreigner who wears headgear for religious reasons may enclose a photograph depicting him or her wearing the headgear provided that the face is fully visible. In such
a case, a declaration of membership in a religious community should be enclosed.

3. a copy of a valid travel document (the original for inspection); in  specially justified cases when the foreigner does not hold a valid travel document and has no opportunity of obtaining it, he/she may present another document proving his/her identity.  

Attention:  If any of the above mentioned documents is missing, the foreigner shall be requested to submit it within 7 days of the service of the request under the pain that the application will not be further examined.

Typical documents confirming the circumstances specified in the application:

Attention: If you enclose the application submitted with the above mentioned documents, you may limit the amount of official correspondence and shorten the period of completion of the formalities.
1.    a valid copy of the marriage certificate (issued not earlier than three months before the submission of the application).
2.    a copy of the identity document of the spouse or another document confirming Polish citizenship (the original for inspection)
3.    in the event of divorce – the final divorce decree or the vital record certifying the divorce and the document proving the pressing interest of the foreigner.
4.    in the event of widowhood – the death certificate of the spouse

Attention: In proceedings for the issuing of a temporary residence permit, the authority that conducts the proceedings is required to establish whether the marriage was not entered into for the purpose of circumventing the act on foreigners.

If a need arises to clarify or specify the evidence in the case held by the competent authority during the course of the proceedings, the foreigner may be requested to provide other documents or to give evidence confirming the circumstances specified in the application and the circumstances concerning the purpose of entering into marriage.

Stamp duty is 340 PLN

The fee should be paid into the bank account:

GMINA WROCŁAW PKO BP 82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 789

The application should be submitted in person to the Department of Foreigners of the Lower Silesia Voivodeship Office

Office hours of the Department of Foreigners:

Monday 8 a.m. –  4 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. –  4 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. –  6 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. –  4 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. –  4 p.m.


Registry Office in Wroclaw

20 P. Włodkowica St
Apt. 25, 2nd floorwoj. dolnośląskie
Monday-Friday 8.00 - 17.15
Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Tel. +48 71 777 91 50
Tel. 71 777 91 51
Fax +48 71 777 91 52